Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Smoother weapon sprite animations - Released!
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 8 [9]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:16. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sp00kyFox

@nightfright or any other capable member
I'd love to see an update for nightfright's enhanced version to make it compatible again with the new 1.3 version of Revenant100's sprite fixing project. can't decide to give up one for the other ^^

the latest version can be found here:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32628

edit:
never mind, was an error on my side. works fine with v1.3

Last edited by Sp00kyFox on 12-28-13 at 11:02

Old Post 08-26-13 22:37 #
Sp00kyFox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chronohunter45
Mini-Member

Pardon the bump fellas, but I noticed that the dehacked version of Perk's stuff hasn't been touched in a while, so I spent the last week in between runs on the rescue to rebuild it using the latest frames found over at the zdoom forums.

I made sure that it doesn't sequence break anything designed for vanilla play, but I used dehacked 3.0 format (BEX) and embedded it into a wad file, therefore it is BOOM compatible only.

I have tested it with prBoom, Odamex, and Zdaemon and they all work perfectly. Demos even play fine with it in prBoom.

Some changes include:

-Arachnotron fires the same plasma as the player, so the green plasma frames were used for the weapons.
-The teleport fog and item respawn fog use the same frames. The teleport fog has also had a few frames removed, but you won't even notice.
-BFG explosion no longer has it's last "2 pixels thin" pointless frame. Cry about it.
-Torches are only 3 frames long in animation. Again, its hardly noticeable.
-Seeing eye only has 3 frames now.
-Armor pickups have no animation. I personally like them better this way...WHY WOULD ARMOR GLOW!?
-Health potion only has 3 frames.
-Soul sphere only has 4 frames like the other orbs now.
-Automap only has 3 frames.
-Liteamp pickup has only one frame at fullbright BECAUSE WHY WOULD THEY FLICKER!?
-A few other changes that I can't think of right now because OH MY GOD SLEEP GIVE IT TO ME!

It's up on best-ever's file host.
http://www.best-ever.org/download?f...enhanced1_1.wad

If you find any bugs, give me a heads up and I'll make a revision.

FUCK...I can still smell that dude's vomit from the ambulance...

Please be gentle with the banhammer...it's my first time.

Old Post 11-11-14 01:24 #
Chronohunter45 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tango

awesome! really glad to see this get some dehacked love

Old Post 11-14-14 01:30 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

I just tested this on Gameception (Boom based ios port) and there's one critical bug. Firing the chaingun crashes the game.

I'll look into it now to see if I can get it to work, but it's pretty awesome!

Edit: Changed frame 55's next frame to 49 and it works now.

Last edited by BlackFish on 11-14-14 at 02:28

Old Post 11-14-14 02:16 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chronohunter45
Mini-Member

BlackFish said:
I just tested this on Gameception (Boom based ios port) and there's one critical bug. Firing the chaingun crashes the game.

I'll look into it now to see if I can get it to work, but it's pretty awesome!

Edit: Changed frame 55's next frame to 49 and it works now.

Just checked it now on whacked4, and the next frame is set to 846, which makes it so that the chaingun fires twice instead of just once. When you tap the chaingun with your fix to frame 55, does it only fire one bullet? The vanilla chaingun fires two before returning to weaponready state.

Old Post 11-14-14 02:34 #
Chronohunter45 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tango

don't suppose you mind me using this patch as a base for other things, provided proper credit is given?

Old Post 11-14-14 04:02 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

They way I have it now it shoots one bullet.

Old Post 11-14-14 04:25 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Chronohunter45
Mini-Member

Tango said:
don't suppose you mind me using this patch as a base for other things, provided proper credit is given?

Credit goes to Perk and everyone here in this thread and the fellas over at zdoom forums. If anything, I reconsolidated the content and wrote the dehacked from scratch, which isn't much.

With that being said, I'm sure that no one would mind if you used it as a base. Creativity breeds creativity.

BlackFish said:
They way I have it now it shoots one bullet.

That's what I figured. That means gameception doesn't fully support dehacked 3.0. You just found a bug, mate! Or at least a change in code from doom and prboom for the chaingun in that gameception port. Vanilla fires two bullets with a tap, and the dehacked I wrote was made to do the exact same. The frame change you implemented forces the chaingun to return to the weaponready state early, bypassing the 2nd firecg state and refire as well. I'm surprised it works at all when you hold the fire button if that's the case.

Old Post 11-14-14 05:54 #