Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TKOJ

Can you control monsters?

I am aiming to build a weapon which allows me to control a monster. Any idea where to start? The main character will be a spirit that possess's other monsters.

I think Zdoom has a way to get objects to fight on your side. Similar to the Summonfriend console command.

Not actually done it; only speculating. Try making a weapon that both morphs the target monster into an inert thing ("invisible"), which by itself fires something that turns the player into the same monster class.

Combining ACS with DECORATE may help, to get further access to target monster's position, stats and all.

But you'd better see for yourself the posibilities, as I haven't actually done that and don't wanna lead you wrong ways.

so is it possible to change your actor class in-game? this all seems very complicated. I'd have to take into consideration the currenct amount of health a monster has. I can create the sprites for the monster weapons, but the hard part is controlling the monster. Got any friends, or friends of friends that give some advice on this?

TKOJ said:

so is it possible to change your actor class in-game? this all seems very complicated.

It is, and you need a port with advanced scripting capabilities to pull it off. I'd suggest to take a look at this, though.