Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juiche

Custom monsters/weapons for own wad

I'm making my own wad but i don't know good sites where can download custom monsters or weapons.

Juiche said:

I'm making my own wad but i don't know good sites where can download custom monsters or weapons.

For what port?

For ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag, see http://www.realm667.com/
It's mostly plug'n'play.

For other ports, you can use the same resources, but you'll have to recode the monster/weapon logic yourself, using whatever definition language these ports have.

Just so Juiche doesn't look so alone, I've been seeking similar plug and play resources as well. Other than Realm667 which is awesome, I don't know any others.

It's possible that because Realm 667 is so popular, instead of having other sites people just upload it to 667. So maybe there aren't many/any sites that still do this.

So, if I wanted to use one of the weapons from Realm 667 in a map I make, how would I get permission to do so?
Also, how would you go about actually adding it into your wad?

You must have xwe. http://www.doomworld.com/xwe
Open weapon wad by xwe and copy all entries. Then open your own wad and paste the entries to your wad. Open doom builder and choose things mode. Place weapon what is in "decorate"

Thanks. I'm not clear on how to actually place the weapon in DB2, though. It's in the WAD (I can summon it in-game), but I can't find it anywhere in DB2.

when you open weaponmod by XWE look what is weapon's thing number. Paste files to your own wad. Open doom builder and go to things mode write weapons thing number. That works at me. I'm usin DB2.