Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Devalaous

Coloured lighting in Doom Builder

Can it be done?

I'm editing a map to enhance the already wierd atmosphere with rooms that are basically cubes of water or nukage or so on (As a newbie to editing, most of my ideas are well out of my reach; one of them was having rooms where everything was upside down, like I'll be able to do that :p)

I want to enhance this weird look with sector-based coloured lighting, like that found in PSX Doom (And the PSX Doom TC for Zdoom), ie water rooms having everything in a blue tinge, green rooms with green, you get the idea)

Can it be done in Doom Builder, and can it even be done by a newbie, or is it an advanced effect best used by experienced editors?

Yeah, its already for ZDoom, I plan on adding some of those stealth monsters in a few areas to go with the weird and surreal atmosphere

I'll have a look at that ACS stuff later on tonight, hopefully it wont be a mindfuck :p

Thanks

If you are using UDMF format, you can simply set the light color on the sectors properties. You won't see it in Visual Mode though, because we don't have a ZDoom Editing plugin yet.

Well crap, that didnt go too well. All the things lost there difficulty tags, GZDoom has bugged up and lost its ability to change the gamma level or the brightness level, and other assorted problems.

EDIT: The lighting works really well, but pretty much everything else in the entire map broke. I dont know how GZDoom itself got messed up though, I had to reset to default settings.

Is there a way to change the map to UDMF without destroying everything?

And is it possible to just change maybe that one map to UDMF? All the new stuff appearing in Doombuilder makes my head spin. Eight skill levels!?

Ragnor said:

Is there a way to change the map to UDMF without destroying everything?

This one must be a very important question. How the hell can we convert the map into UDMF with NO quality lose???