Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juiche

Monsters from realm667

I have downloaded custom monsters from realm667. I copy entries from monster wae to my own wad. Then I find new monster in doom builder 2 under "DECORATE". But when I download second monster and do same what I said DB2 removes first monster from decorate sand places second monster. I can only add first monster by actor number. If sombody know, how to make DB2 to show all custom stuff in decorate tell me.

Although ZDoom et al, can handle multiple DECORATES correctly, at the moment DB2 does not (at least as of 1233).

You have to combine them manually into one DECORATE lump, then DB2 will display them.

Say you have two monsters, HECTEBUS and SLIMEIMP.

Since both of them have a DECORATE lump, there will be two DECORATE lumps in your wad after merging.
Open the first DECORATE lump and copy its contents into the second DECORATE lump and delete the first DECORATE lump.
Use either XWE or SlumpEd.

Kappes Buur said:

Say you have two monsters, HECTEBUS and SLIMEIMP.

Since both of them have a DECORATE lump, there will be two DECORATE lumps in your wad after merging.
Open the first DECORATE lump and copy its contents into the second DECORATE lump and delete the first DECORATE lump.
Use either XWE or SlumpEd.

This work. thanks.

Kappes Buur said:

Although ZDoom et al, can handle multiple DECORATES correctly, at the moment DB2 does not (at least as of 1233).

Not entirely accurate.

It's one DECORATE lump per resource file, and #includes are supported.

Gez said:

Not entirely accurate.

It's one DECORATE lump per resource file, and #includes are supported.

What exactly do you mean by Not entirely accurate ?

ZDoom does handle multiple DECORATE lumps.
I agree that the #include system is more streamlined and tickles a programmer's fancy, but it is not necessary.

DB2 looks at the first DECORATE lump it encounters and ignores subsequent ones. Unless it supports the #include system, which I haven't tried yet.
However, as it stands, if a pwad has multiple DECORATE lumps, DB2 is useless in that case unless they are addressed manually as described in my earlier post.

Kappes Buur said:

What exactly do you mean by Not entirely accurate ?

I mean "at the moment DB2 does not [handle multiple DECORATES correctly]" is not entirely accurate. It is not entirely accurate because it handle one DECORATE lump per resource file, and it is also not entirely accurate because it #includes DECORATE files correctly.

In other words, what I said in the post above.

@Juiche

Since DB2 objects to having several DECORATE lumps in the same pwad, those multiple DECORATE lumps must be managed manually.
The method, which I pointed out earlier, does work.

However, as Gez pointed out ( in his nitpicking style :smile:), there is another way of doing this.

Say you have merged three monsters into your pwad,
HECTEBUS, SLIMEIMP and CRACKODEMON,
then, instead of merging the three DECORATE lumps into one, do the following:

rename the DECORATE lump for the HECTEBUS to DEC_HECT
rename the DECORATE lump for the SLIMEIMP to DEC_SLIM
rename the DECORATE lump for the CRACKODEMON to DEC_CRAC

create a new lump called DECORATE
give it the following contents
#include "DEC_HECT"
#include "DEC_SLIM"
#include "DEC_CRAC"

and DB2 displays them properly.

Probably that is the way it should be done, to stay with the current programming trend.