Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Ceilings

I have trouble making ceilings look good. I tend to spend all my time focusing on creating interesting floors, but then they become too complicated with different levels of lighting and sectors to really do anything more then a flat ceiling. the idea of superimposing sectors for a ceiling after the floor is so complicated is too much for me to tackle. any suggestions?

NT

Make your ceilings relatively high, then make a large sector in the middle of the ceiling and make it very low.

I use it in almost all my maps. It definitely works in my favor. It's a way better target to detail the ceiling much more than the floor because that can easily disrupt the players movement even if you intend not for that.

Yeah 40oz! those screens to the forum you linked look badass. Nice ceilings.
Another idea is to use lights on your ceilings, instead of using a solid ceiling, use 40oz idea of different sector heights and add some lights too. Makes doom maps feel more realistic.

Actually, I think it's more realistic to have more detailed ceilings and less detailed floors. You're probably not going to spending that much time looking at the floors while playing, and if it were a real place you'd be tripping all over all the shit on the floor.