Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fenriswolf

Disable Map / No Wand start

Hello,
I have 2 new questions that came up while working on my ZDoom project for Heretic.

1. Is there a way to disable the minimap function? I dont want the player to have a look at the map

2. I want only custom weapons. I already created two new weapons and also created the Keyconfiguration-lump. But when i start the map, I have the wand. When i type "give all" in the console, i can select my two new weapons and after i have selected one of them I am not able to select the wand or any other standard weapon any more (Thats how it is supposed to be). But i do not want that the player starts with the wand... What to do?

Thank you!
Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf said:

Hello,
I have 2 new questions that came up while working on my ZDoom project for Heretic.

1. Is there a way to disable the minimap function? I dont want the player to have a look at the map

That's going to be pretty irritating to the player, but I guess you could select all the lines in your map and tag them as Invisible.

2. I want only custom weapons. I already created two new weapons and also created the Keyconfiguration-lump. But when i start the map, I have the wand. When i type "give all" in the console, i can select my two new weapons and after i have selected one of them I am not able to select the wand or any other standard weapon any more (Thats how it is supposed to be). But i do not want that the player starts with the wand... What to do?[/B]

You could either create a new player class in Decorate, derived from the basic Heretic player, and just change the Player.StartItem properties...or you could use ACS to ClearInventory the player and give him the new items. But a player class is cleaner. Here's an example, using the DoomPlayer as a base...

ACTOR NewDoomGuy : DoomPlayer
{
   Player.StartItem MagnumAmmo 15
   Player.StartItem MagnumPistol
   Player.StartItem KnuckleDuster
}
Then you'd just add appropriate lines to your Keyconf lump to add the new class. More information can be found at this ZDoom wiki article.