• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

ACS Scripting Gods.... sup?!?!

hey.... i have a question.... look at this screenshot
http://cyber-chaos.8k.com/ss22.jpg

i KNOW some people have said it's a dark screenshot, but lighten up yer monitor for a second, cuz this is important... alright... you see those overhead walkways? well if you can't tell, yes, you can walk through them or under them... at any rate... alright, if I were to want to do colored lighting or a fog effect, and just wanted to contain it within either the walkway itself, or below the walkway and not inside of it... basically if I was doing fog, I want the fog underneath the walkway, but not inside of it... now I was thinking of transfer heights special, and reading up a little bit on it... is there a way possible to create the effect I desire without having to add in the "fake" ceiling/floor textures generated by the transfer heights special, or is this impossible? i basically just want to divide those sectors into an upper and lower portion so that I can adjust them as I see fit... any ideas, suggestions or what? thanks yall, take it easy..

To my knowledge this is not possible. I just played around a bit with transfer heights and sector_setfade, to no avail. I guess we'll have to wait for 3D floors for effects like that.

oh, that's nothing Fredrik.. wait until you see the entire thing.. god I wish I could say it was almost done, but now I have found that I have to divide the level into 2 seperate portions with a HUB tunnel or whatever.. it'll work out fine, but shit if I have to do that anyway I might as well keep working on each half, adding more and more... it's going to be a tight level.. i just hope the doom scene is around by time i release it! lol... probably a month more.. just because i dont dedicate all my time to map design like i did when i first started the project... to many other things going on... but i promise the map will be done, and it will change the way the world thinks about the power of ZDoom....