Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deepthought

conveyor belts

I am trying to make my wad use conveyor belts. I am using the doom in hexen format config file in doom builder, because i need slopes and animated doors. Only problem is that there isn't a sector effect for current. I know there is in strife. i tried the effect number, but nothing happened. There's also a conveyor in freedoom. it's linedef action 253. but in doom in hexen format, it lowers the ceiling. any help?

Make the floor texture scroll in whatever direction you want it to, and then make the lines around the sector scroll. I think that's the only way to make conveyor belts in Hexen format. It will carry the player, but it won't carry any items or enemies.

bgraybr said:

I think that's the only way to make conveyor belts in Hexen format. It will carry the player, but it won't carry any items or enemies.

Is this true for UDMF as well?

Can't you just use the Wind/push special or whatever its called? Also, Freedoom has a conveyor belt in one of the early FDII maps. Study how that one works if you want more vanilla compatibility.

zZaRDoZz said:

Is this true for UDMF as well?

boom uses udmf, and no - there are many types of scrolling, and the one that does scroll-move things is the one you want. Just make a dummy sector like a triangle and point the opposite (?) side parrallel to where you want to go.

ArmouredBlood said:

boom uses udmf

Did you mean that UDMF supports Boom editing features?

tempun said:

Did you mean that UDMF supports Boom editing features?

I don't really know, I just know boom or prboom+ is related to udmf. Or something. Never mind.

ArmouredBlood said:

I don't really know, I just know boom or prboom+ is related to udmf. Or something. Never mind.

PrBoom+ doesn't support UDMF.

deepthought said:

dang i want it to carry anything on it

Scrolling sectors do, in fact, carry things on them.

ArmouredBlood said:

At the moment, UDMF is only supported by:
* Ports: GZDoom, Skulltag, Vavoom, ZDoom
* Editors: Doom Builder 2
* Node builders: ZDBSP

Eternity will have UDMF support eventually (after all, Quasar was the main architect of this standard), and once SLADE3 gets its map editor, it'll support UDMF as well; but in both these cases you presumably still have to wait for a while.

actually i'm using skulltag. action special 253 IS the one used in freedoom. it just lowers the ceiling in hexen format. i've tried scrolling, but it only carries the player.

I guess i'll just make a doom or strife format map for the part i want conveyor belts in and use teleport to map to go back to the hexen parts.