Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

How do I create a foggy area?

From a bit of searching, it looks like I could create a foggy area in GZDoom, but it's not clear to me how. Can anyone tell me?

audiodef said:

From a bit of searching, it looks like I could create a foggy area in GZDoom, but it's not clear to me how. Can anyone tell me?

Use the ACS function Sector_SetFade, I think.

Also try and look for thing-based mist, dust or steam objects to further enhance the foggy look, if you so will. There's some at realm667.com AFAIK. There's also in Hexen a lot of it. Esselfortium has been using steam in his maps, I'm not sure if he drew it, or was it taken from a public source.

I notice set color and set fade as linedef options, but nothing happens when I assign a sector an ID and use a linedef with that ID and these properties. What am I missing?

audiodef said:

I notice set color and set fade as linedef options, but nothing happens when I assign a sector an ID and use a linedef with that ID and these properties. What am I missing?

These would only change the set colour when you "activate" them...You pretty much have to use an OPEN script to get sectors to colour by themselves.