Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cokeman118

Doom Builder High Res Textures in Visual Mode

Hello,

just started playing with high res textures and was wondering if it is normal for the high res textures to show up in visual mode. I have a 512 x 512 texture scaled down to 128 x 128. In visual mode it shows up at full size, but when testing in game, the texture is scaled properly and looks normal.

I believe i've read it should show up scaled in visual mode. I have the textures in a pk3 and textures.txt defining my test texture to scale it down.

any info appreciated.

I have no idea if there's some way to make Doom Builder scale the high resolution textures down in the 3D preview, but if there is, I've never found it.

I get the same effect when working with scaled sprites, but it's not a big deal and I can work around it.

Scaling problems should have been fixed long ago What version of DB2 are you using? If it's the most recent one, can you provide an example wad?

my version of doombuilder says 2.1.

I tried to download the latest version again from the doom builder site and installed it. I copied over my configs and plugins and I got a bunch of errors. The first one said

Could not load plugin "GZDoomEditing.dll", the Plugin is made for Doom Builder 2 core revision 1394 and you are running revision 1356.

I believe I originally downloaded doombuilder from DRD Team SVN builds, and used all the configs from them.

So why is the "official" doombuilder version lower than the SVN version?

I followed all the instructions from this thread:
http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4708

cokeman118 said:

So why is the "official" doombuilder version lower than the SVN version?

Because it was not yet made an official release.