Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
888mikem888

Beautiful Doom and Skulltag

Hi, I have been using Beautiful Doom with Zdoom but I personally prefer to use Skulltag. Is there a way I can make Beautiful Doom work with Skulltag? Because every time is try it, it comes up with,

Script error, "doom2.wad:DECORATE" line 26:
Invalid state parameter a_setpitch

and

8 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts

Any help would be really appreciated.

Open the wad with Slade and delete these functions.
It may cause some bugs but if you really prefer Skulltag, just do it.

Btw, why Skulltag? Its crap, since its 3d mode is ugly and it doesn't support that many functions as Zdoom... (e.g.: a_quake, a_setpitch and so on...)
Or you add a lot of playerclasses, Skulltag will show only the first 5 or 6, while Zdoom shows them all and you may scroll up/down.

Maybe it's just the OpenGL mode available, at least for me.

Siriuss said:

why Skulltag?

Well, I like to use BOTH Skulltag and ZDoom, but I just like Skulltag because of abunch of little things that make it THAT much more enjoyable for me.

Hm... Seems I can't make it work with Skulltag without some bad glitches. I guess I'll just have to stick with ZDoom. Thanks any way though :)

The textfile that accompanies Beautiful Doom specifies which version of GZDoom it is designed to work with.

In all such cases, if you use an earlier version (or even a later version), you can expect problems. If you use a different port, then unless it is one that supports all the features of the relevant version, then you can't expect it to work fully (and even then, there might be glitches unless it is stated to have been tested with that version of that port).

Grazza said:

The textfile that accompanies Beautiful Doom specifies which version of GZDoom it is designed to work with.

In all such cases, if you use an earlier version (or even a later version), you can expect problems. If you use a different port, then unless it is one that supports all the features of the relevant version, then you can't expect it to work fully (and even then, there might be glitches unless it is stated to have been tested with that version of that port).

Well actually, Beautiful Doom works just fine for me with ZDoom. I know it wasn't meant to be compatible with Skulltag, I just wanted to see if there was a way. If I have to use ZDoom then ok, I just prefer Skulltag if I can make it compatible.