Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BadCompany

Inserting things in Doom Builder 2

Hello guys,

how I insert new added things (new Monsters, new Weapons) to Doom Builder 2 so I can pick up these things from "Things Mode"-menu into maps?

My try was a write extra .cfg-Data into "Includes" in DB2 system datas and rewrite one .cfg-Data (Zdoom in doom.cfg I think). But actually im program, it shows no effect (But before the latest update, it worked).

Give the thing an actor number, for example:

actor <name goes here>  20000 //actor number
{
stuff
}
However, make sure the actor number isn't already in use.

It doesn't work. I have ca. 20 Monsters, 10 Weapons, some extra stuff all have different, unused numbers, of course. But DB2 shows in menu no one damn thing of my added repository.

Original post wasn't 100% clear to me, are you using Doom in Hexen Format? That's the only way they'll show up (dunno about ZDoom in Doom Format). They'll be under the "Decorate" category usually, sometimes their own custom category or even in Monsters on occasions.

I use latest update of DB2 and editing maps in Zdoom in Doom format. But, the maps are in a extra wad and added things are in another file (.pk3-file). But I set both files in configruation.

PK3 files are picky when you load resources with them, there's a certain way to organize it which I have yet to master. Also, I'm not sure if monsters show up in ZDoom in Doom Format, but I know for sure they show up in ZDoom in Hexen Format.

You should probably try ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) and if that doesn't work, put the monster properties (DECORATE lump, sprites, sounds, etc) in a wad then try.

BadCompany said:

I use latest update of DB2 and editing maps in Zdoom in Doom format. But, the maps are in a extra wad and added things are in another file (.pk3-file). But I set both files in configruation.

It is quite possible to add DECORATE in a map for Zdoom in Doom format. Just add the DoomEd number in the thing
selection, you just will not see the ACTOR in Doombuilder2. Have a look at this tutorial.

However, as suggested, mapping for ZDoom in Hexen format would be the preferred method.