Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Deep - Checking Linedef SuperImposed

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lüt
Administrator

What's the deal with this thing? It does that every time I move a vertex. I searched help but all it took me to was a Hexen SndInfo/MapInfo lump section. It is OK to cancel it all the time? Or does switching one of the drawing mode checkboxes disable it? I just hate having to wait about 15 seconds to do something every time I move a vertex.

Old Post 06-29-01 16:58 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeePTeam

Press F5 and disable "LineDef merge" - or - just press Esc to cancel as it says on the same line:)

This option checks for one moving a linedef on top of another one and then it automatically splits and merges. If disabled, it won't do this. Even in vertex mode it's possible to be moving a "linedef" by grabbing corresponding vertices.

The linedef merge used to go only from short-to-long lines because of the speed issue, but the last year or so, was changed to go both ways. A PIII450 on up should have no problem with it going both ways - but just in case, the options let you control it.

The other options "Vertex Merge" and "Vertex Split" are quite a bit faster since they don't have so much work to do, but are somewhat similar.

So in summary, all this depends on the level and the machine. A big map and a slow machine makes it worse - otherwise not too much of an issue, unless of course one has a really really big level:)

Old Post 06-29-01 19:59 #
DeePTeam is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Alright, great. Don't get me wrong; normally it goes so fast that I don't even notice. In fact I had totally forgotten it did that until now. I'm running a good machine, but this is the map I'm working on... at least, an earlier version of it. It tends to use up a fair amount of resources being open :)

Old Post 06-29-01 21:34 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote