Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Argent Agent

Troubles getting the GZDoom Builder Plugin to function

I just got a brand new laptop, running 64-Bit Windows 7 Home Premium as the OS. (Literally got it yesterday)

After updating my system all the way, I then downloaded Doom Builder 2, installed it, and it functions perfectly fine. However, whenever I try to load the GZDoom Plugin, a dialogue box stating that "DooM Builder has stopped working" appears briefly, disappears, and nothing happens afterwards.

I tried different methods, such as replacing all of the Doom Builder files with the plugin's files, and running it in compatibility modes and as an administrator. Nothing has changed.

I could really use some assistance.

I seem to recall reading that the plugin's not supported by newer releases of Doom Builder 2, but works fine for me with DB2-r1412.

GreyGhost said:

I seem to recall reading that the plugin's not supported by newer releases of Doom Builder 2

Why not? It was clearly superior to the regular view.

Found it! Can only assume the update broke something and a new "official" plugin doesn't seem to be on the horizon. Reading a little further, there's an unofficial build (revision 1486) with GZDoom visual mode that you can grab from here on the DRD Team forums. Haven't tried it myself yet but will over the Easter break.