Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Visplane Explorer : new 0.80 version
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Hmm, other than looking nice and interesting, I wonder what the practical use of seeing subsectors is :)

Unless maybe you have control over their placement, in order to do some obscure vanilla Doom tricks :)

Old Post 02-17-13 17:53 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CodeImp

Xaser said:
The plugin is reeeally cool, but only when it seems to work. Larger maps (I think?) are causing an unhandled exception ("Index was out of range") when trying to fire up the viewer.

As a quick test, trying to run it on Back to Saturn X E1 MAP01 will cause the exception.

Fixed and uploaded, try downloading the plugin again.
I also changed the display rendering a bit to increase performance (it was very poor for large maps).

Old Post 02-17-13 18:57 #
CodeImp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

Impressive stuff CodeImp.

Old Post 02-18-13 00:45 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CodeImp

Thanks andrewj, and sorry to steal your topic for this (it was asked here so I thought I'd put something together).

I have updated the plugin (again) with a fix that better shows the split areas. Because the area boundaries could overlap, it now also takes into account all the previous splits when drawing the visual representation of the "left" and "right" areas.
http://www.doombuilder.com/plugins/nodesviewer.zip

http://www.codeimp.com/temp/nodesviewer2.png

Old Post 02-18-13 18:17 #
CodeImp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

*bump*

I did some simple Googling and I'm not closer to finding an answer to my quandry: Why does Visplane Explorer (both the exe and the plugin (DB & GZDB)) crash on some maps? The funny thing is, I don't think it even has to do with reaching the visplane limit...

Anyway, it pops up now and then, only to go away on its own after a while. I can't be the only one. I can provide an example map if anyone wants to take a look at it.

EDIT: I guess it was some impassable, untexture linedef crossing a sector. Don't know how it got there, but with it out of the way, visplane explorer works once more. *Shrug!*
EDIT1: Thanks for the speedy reply, andrewj!

Last edited by schwerpunk on 05-23-13 at 15:54

Old Post 05-22-13 17:11 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

Any map that works in Vanilla DOOM should work in Visplane Explorer, and any map which crashes Vanilla may crash Visplane Explorer.

It's on the TODO to validate the map after loading it, to produce more graceful behavior than merely crashing. Though I can't say when that will get done.

Old Post 05-23-13 10:34 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote