Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daryn

Sliding Doors in Risen3D

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with creating Sliding Doors in Risen3D. I've seen some maps that use them (Doomdragon) but opening that up in Doom Builder doesn't do much other than confuse me further. Polyobjects don't work. I was able to make them work in ZDoom, but Risen3D can't make heads or tails of them.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated.

Oh, their Scripting Tutorial wad doesn't want to run and complains that it should have the latest version, even though I do have the latest.

Anyway, thanks for any help you guys can provide.

First, thanks for mentioning that the tutorial does not work. I will report this. Second, are you using the latest DB2 config files from the Risen3D homepage ? The one that comes with DB2 is very outdated.

I was using the config files in the latest DB2. I'll go and download the configs from the site and see if anything becomes more obvious.

From what I have been able to understand, I need to create object scripts and then place those as things.

EDIT: Downloaded the configs from the Risen3D site, and installed them into DB2. Now I see a bunch more Things I can use. Now, to figure out how to use them.

You will be pleased to note that Abbs has updated tutorial.exe. You may wish to redownload. It works fine. I hope it helps with exploring how the Risen3D world works. I admit, and so does Abbs, that it requires a steep learning curve, hence a lot of patience.

I'm pretty sure that the sliding doors in DoomDragon are MD2 models.

Yeah, they're MD2 models. The example map has some sliding, and some single and double swinging doors. All of them though look rather complex. I see 3 Things making up each door. I'll have to look later to see if I can make heads or tails of it. That example map is pretty neat, though I wish there were notes on why something is where it is.

This is going to be a step climb I think, but I think once I get the hang of the scripting I'll be able to really make my friend's maps come alive.