Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Anyone have a sword?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Krispy

Because I need one.

Last edited by Krispy on 08-16-12 at 03:27

Old Post 08-16-12 00:48 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hawkwind

WHY ?

Old Post 08-16-12 04:45 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

SWORDS ARE DANGEROUS, THEY'LL CUT YOUR FUCKIN' THROAT WIDE OPEN

Old Post 08-16-12 05:26 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

The powers that be tend to discourage sword ownership down here, best I can do is a big WW1-vintage bayonet.

There's one in Hexen, if you don't mind editing out the green flames.

Old Post 08-16-12 05:41 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

ZDoom forums / projects / resources?

Old Post 08-16-12 09:44 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fenriswolf

Witchaven has some great melee weapons and I remember playing wads that used some of those. There is a pretty decent lookimng sword in the Witchaven armory and you do not have the trouble to edit out the green flames of the Hexen Sword.
As far as I know, you can even extract the sword directly out of the Witchaven data with XWE, just for the case you do not find a wad that has this sword.

Old Post 08-16-12 12:52 #
Fenriswolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Found this
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27362

If anyone would like to be my friend forever, you could use one of those swords to make a small weapons mod for me... I would really appreciate it, but if no one wants to, I'd understand.

Last edited by Krispy on 08-16-12 at 19:56

Old Post 08-16-12 19:43 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

All right, so no new friends, but no worries; I finished it. Now I need a bow and arrow. Any suggestions?
Also Persians. Don't ask.

I want my new sword to replace the fist, but it's not working. Here's part of the DECORATE:
actor Sword : Weapon replaces fist
{
Weapon.SelectionOrder 3700
Weapon.Kickback 100
+WEAPON.WIMPY_WEAPON
+WEAPON.MELEEWEAPON
+NOEXTREMEDEATH
Obituary "%o was cut up by %k's sword."
States
{

Last edited by Krispy on 08-16-12 at 21:47

Old Post 08-16-12 21:34 #
Fenriswolf

Bow and Arrow is included in Witchaven as well. The same bow was also used in Forest of Ghouls I believe... ;)

Old Post 08-16-12 21:56 #
Fenriswolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

Krispy said:
All right, so no new friends, but no worries; I finished it.
I'm nobody's friend at 4AM.

Now I need a bow and arrow. Any suggestions?
Is this of any use to you?

Will you settle for a Bombay? *just kidding*

I want my new sword to replace the fist, but it's not working.
One way around that is to create a PlayerPawn and give it the sword as a start item.

Old Post 08-17-12 11:19 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
neubejiita
Forum Regular

Krispy said:

Spartans!, Prepare for Glory!

Old Post 08-17-12 12:53 #
neubejiita is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

There's a bow n arrow (and crossbow) on Realm667. There's a sword in, I think it's called, The Edge of Time (teot.wad), that I've been trying to "borrow" for a medieval themed Doom wad. From what I was able to gather, it's not complete. Seems pretty close, though.

Old Post 08-17-12 15:07 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Yup, got the bow, and used a clearinventory script coupled with a giveinventory script.

Old Post 08-17-12 15:33 #
uryu the wind scythe
Warming Up

Just cutting in ( don't mind the pun) to tell neubejiita...that was hilarious. Thank you, you made my night.

Old Post 12-21-13 05:49 #
uryu the wind scythe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Well, he was right, so I'll give him credit for that. PRIMEVAL, if you're still interested, you can take the sword from 300.wad.

Old Post 12-21-13 08:25 #
Gez

"Replaces" only affect things that are spawned in the map. Things placed directly in inventory are never affected.

Old Post 12-21-13 09:40 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote