Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > How to Easily Make 3D Bridges?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Doomist

Okay, before I say anything, yes, I read the tutorial, and I do not get it, at all. It's confusing to me. Is there an easier explanation to make 3D bridges? (Linedef to be exact)

Old Post 10-01-12 17:41 #
The Doomist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-ed...ake-a-3d-floor/

2 threads below.

Old Post 10-01-12 17:44 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ReX

The Doomist said:
Is there an easier explanation to make 3D bridges? (Linedef to be exact)
Are you referring to Doomworld's Regular DooM Tricks for 3D Bridges? Or to 3D bridges using ZDooM or GZDooM? The former is somewhat complicated to implement, but the latter is extremely easy.

Old Post 10-02-12 02:30 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Doomist

Doom World's Regular DooM Tricks for 3D Bridges.

Old Post 10-04-12 01:26 #
The Doomist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hex11

The easiest way for me to understand was poking around in an actual map that used 3D bridges (Iikka's MAP13 in Requiem). In a map editor you can select stuff (tagged linedefs & sectors) and better see what's going on than in a static picture.

Old Post 10-04-12 02:44 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
PhantomTMac

The Doombuilder command for 3D floors is 160 with Arg. 1 being the sector tag, Arg. 2 being whether it is solid or not, and Arg. 4 being it's transparency. Even though DBuilder 1 does not include this as a command, typing in 160 in the Linedef action spot will still work.

Bridges, on the other hand, are made by using a Bridge "Thing" in ZDoom and raising it's ZHeight to the height of the bridge. To make the bridge visible, you'll usually want to use Stair patches in a crosshatch formation (easiest if you combine a bunch of 8x8 sectors).

I know it's confusing, but if you look at maps that have bridges and follow their example, you'll understand in no time!

Old Post 10-15-12 05:36 #
PhantomTMac is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote