Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Text Input Via ACS

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:12. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

I was wondering if i could have a text input window in ACS that requires text input.

I could do GetPlayerInput but that only works for one key. I'm hoping for a text-based input.

Example might be Enter Combination: ___ (player types 999)

Old Post 10-17-12 01:54 #
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

http://zdoom.org/zdkb/zdoom16.html

Old Post 10-17-12 04:36 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

i saw that and found it interesting, and may implement that as a possible alternative. However, if possible, I want a textbox to appear just like the one where you go to player setup and name your player. is there anyway that is possible?

Old Post 10-17-12 13:31 #
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Blue Shadow

Pure Hellspawn said:
I want a textbox to appear just like the one where you go to player setup and name your player. is there anyway that is possible?

I don't think what you're specifically after is achievable...

ZDoom wiki, on GetPlayerInput, wrote:
Note that this function does not read the player's input devices directly. Instead, it will only report information about which binds the player is using. For example, you cannot check to see if the player is pressing W, but you can check to see if they are using +forward. This design is intended to prevent abuse, as well as making the function more adaptable (since here the player can freely rebind +forward and still have the script work for them).

With that said, you can go for what Kappes Buur had linked above, or, if you want something on-screen, you can try this keypad that I made about a year and a half ago (its code could use updating, but it still works).

You also might be interested in this.

Old Post 10-18-12 04:00 #
Blue Shadow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote