Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Truly Replace Weapons

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doggo120
Mini-Member

Hi! another weapon question :)

I want to COMPLETELY replace certain weapons in Doom 2 and I want the player to start the game ONLY with a custom fist I created.

The fist is ready and has been assigned the SlotNumber 1. In the Decorate code I also have:

Actor SensitiveFist : Weapon Replaces Fist 20000
{

But the old fist is there too. Searching the web I found that I could use the KEYCONF lump they say I should not use this method. What other options do I have?

Thanks again!!!

Old Post 10-30-12 00:40 #
Doggo120 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BonusChild

I don't know if this will help much. But I think it would have something to do with adding/replacing classes.

EDIT

I found this for you, hope this is helpful

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22680

I believe when you make a new KEYCONF, you need to type:

clearplayerclasses
addplayerclass SolarPlayer

SolarPlayer is just an example, what ever you name your class would be where that name was put.

Last edited by BonusChild on 10-30-12 at 05:03

Old Post 10-30-12 04:31 #
BonusChild is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doggo120
Mini-Member

Oh yeah! It was the way to go!

I created a new player class inheriting from DoomPlayer. Then I modified the weapons I wanted on the startup with the Player. StartupItem properties and THEN I used the MAPINFO lump with GAMEINFO to overwrite the player class.

Thank you so much!!! :)

Old Post 10-30-12 05:53 #
Doggo120 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BonusChild

Doggo120 said:

Thank you so much!!! :)

Glad I could help :)

Old Post 10-30-12 05:56 #
BonusChild is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote