Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Slade, only black/white/grey textures, wtf?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
darkreaver

This is probably just me being stupid and generally totally useless when it comes to this stuff, but:

I open Slade, I load up cc4_tex.wad, I look at the textures. They are all black/white/gray, and really gritty. Whats up with that? I WANT COLORS!!!!

Old Post 11-02-12 12:56 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

I guess this rhread can be delted, as I just had to change the palette from global/existing to Doom? lol?

Old Post 11-02-12 13:07 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

You should go to Edit->Preferences->Editing->Base Resource Archive, click on "Add Archive", and select all your IWADs.

Then you can use the base resource archive selector to quickly switch between the various IWADs. SLADE will read the default palette from it, as well as other things such as for example the textures and flats if you look at a map.

If you do not have a base resource archive set, the default palette is a greyscale one; but as you have discovered you have a palette chooser with a wide variety of games and variants that you can try to override the default palette.

Old Post 11-02-12 13:27 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

I`m just gonna use this thread for this question:

Is there anything wrong with this one? http://i49.tinypic.com/2nk712c.png

I mean, I just cant get it to load in my texture wad.
I tried once with another texture, and it worked fine, but I just cant get it to work again.

SLADE:
I`m using a copy of cc4_tex for this.
I open cc4-tex
I scroll down to the _GSTONE marker.
I click somewhere in there and make a new entry
I import the .png and name it GSTONE66
I convert it to Doom-gfx
I save

It s not showing up in DB.

Boohoo :(

Old Post 11-02-12 14:50 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

darkreaver said:
SLADE:
I`m using a copy of cc4_tex for this.
I open cc4-tex
I scroll down to the _GSTONE marker.
I click somewhere in there and make a new entry
I import the .png and name it GSTONE66
I convert it to Doom-gfx
I save

It s not showing up in DB.

Boohoo :(

You need to do one other thing. Right-click on it, and select "Graphics -> Add to TEXTUREx". Then save again.

Old Post 11-02-12 15:07 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

aaaah, thanks!

Old Post 11-02-12 15:12 #