Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Tablets

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gamul312
Green Marine

Are there any map editors that use tablets and stylus?

Old Post 11-14-12 19:24 #
gamul312 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

I wonder if Doom Builder 2 will work on Surfaces. Though for it to be viable, CodeImp or someone else would have to "consolize" it (simplify its interface).

Old Post 11-14-12 19:57 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

I've tried DB with my tablet it works fine but requires some key re-mapping for instance the zoom in and out you'll probably stand to lose time than using the scroll on the mouse.

Old Post 11-14-12 21:17 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gamul312
Green Marine

Pottus said:
I've tried DB with my tablet it works fine but requires some key re-mapping for instance the zoom in and out you'll probably stand to lose time than using the scroll on the mouse.

Pinch to zoom?

Old Post 11-14-12 22:10 #
gamul312 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Actually a bit more testing here is my results.

Double tap - Edit
Hold lower pen button drag up down will zoom in out
Top pen button - start drawing

Dragging is similar to zooming but only works along the the X for me I guess it would take some more configuring to get this to work right as a result it drags and zooms when trying to use this which is annoying.

Old Post 11-14-12 23:17 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gamul312
Green Marine

Thanks

Old Post 11-15-12 01:01 #
Pottus
Forum Regular

It will take some configuring but I'm sure it's possible to come up with a good configuration I only have a lousy Bamboo CTH-460 which is on the low end of pen tablets but I think with a little research and experimentation you could get it going. Heck I'd like to see what you can come up with because editing with a pen tablet could indeed be superior to a mouse in certain ways considering the movement time when drawing lines is considerably less.

Old Post 11-15-12 01:18 #