Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Finishing a level by elevator (platform) lowering?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Afterlife
Banned

Just as in map 07 of Jenesis, it ends through the platform lowering. Can
someone explain how this is done. Does it involve scripting or not?

Old Post 11-17-12 23:27 #
Afterlife is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impboy4

That ending involves a voodoo doll placed in a conveyor belt outside the map which trips over various linedef actions. The case in Jenesis MAP07 is two actions seperated a good distance from each other; elevator lower to next floor and exit level. Voodoo dolls in conveyor belts is basically ACS, but without writing the script. It involves linedef actions instead text.

Old Post 11-18-12 00:06 #
Impboy4 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phendrena

code:
#include "zcommon.acs" script 1 (void) { delay (5*35); Exit_Normal (0); }

Assign the above to a linedef with type 80 (script activte), when the player crosses the linedef the script will wait for 5 seconds and then exit the level. This is much easier, in my opinion, than setting up a voodoo doll conveyor. Still it is personal preference. To make sure the player crosses the line you could stick the linedef a couple of places into the lift platform itself.

Have fun,

Dave

Old Post 11-18-12 00:44 #
Phendrena is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Afterlife
Banned

How do I make the conveyor belt move though? Line def action?

Old Post 11-18-12 05:13 #
Afterlife is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Lindef action 253 scroll floor move things

Old Post 11-18-12 06:26 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

I'll elaborate a bit. In Boom you need to give a linedef the action 253 like Pottus said, but you also need to have the linedef the correct length and angle. The longer the line is, the faster the conveyer belt: and the direction the line points corresponds to the direction of the conveyer belt.

In ZDoom it's a bit easier: just give the sector the Carry property in what direction you want it.

Old Post 11-18-12 07:40 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

This is what I use for elevator scripting:

script (void)
{
FloorAndCeiling_Lowerbyvalue(0,0,0);
delay(10*2);
Floor_lowertolowest(0,0);
}

I don't know if this could be close to jenesis' scripting though.

Old Post 11-18-12 07:54 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Monitor
Mini-Member

Frankly, I've only used this once, but it worked fine for me. What I did was:

script 19 (void)
{
Floor_RaisebyValue (28, 8, 2048);
Ceiling_RaisebyValue (28, 8, 2048);
Delay (35*15);
Exit_Normal (0);
}

This was in a map for a wad I was making about 6 months ago, and it works fine for what it was to do, and this is completely unmodified from it's original version.

"Freedom is not just a luxury to be enjoyed by the elite and the powerful, it is a sacred right to be shared by all men; it is a right that is promised to us by this great nation: the United States of America."
-Ulysses S. Grant

Old Post 11-19-12 00:25 #
The Monitor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Afterlife
Banned

Took me a while to understand, but did get the zombie doll on a conveyor belt to work. Thanks for everyones help :)

Old Post 11-20-12 02:28 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

vanilla example: elevexit.wad

Old Post 11-20-12 02:58 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote