Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Altering Doom music

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:00. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Baker
Warming Up

I recently downloaded a cover of the Doom soundtrack. I thought it would be pretty cool to replace my current Doom songs with the covered versions. How would I do this?

Old Post 12-12-12 19:36 #
Baker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Sort of depends on the port you're using, but assuming you're using ZDoom all you should have to do is make a new PWAD with the wad editor of your choice and simply import the MP3 into it and give it the same lump name as whatever of the original song(s) you are replacing. For example if you're replacing the MAP01 track, you'd import your mp3 and name it D_RUNNIN.

Old Post 12-12-12 23:58 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

See the articles on the Doom wiki for a full list of song names for each map slot.

Old Post 12-13-12 00:57 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

PrBoom-plus will play MP3 and OGG tracks directly if they're dropped in the port's directory and renamed to match the music playlist at the end of prboom-plus.cfg (or edit the config file to match the tracks). Same should apply with glBoom-plus.

Old Post 12-13-12 01:27 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote