Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Coding Help

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cloud6625

Ok I'm trying to make a mod to add weapons form Counter Strike Global Offensive to doom and i just started wit this crap so i have no idea what I'm doing. I want to know what tool I can use and how to use it to make new weapons to completely get rid of the old ones and add all Counter Strike Global Offensive weapons and possibly add a nice reload to the weapons (not recommended but I would appreciate it). I can make the sprites but I need to know how to do the coding part. I use the Skulltag engine if that changes anything.

Sorry if this is confusing but I'm not that great at explaining but I think I explained it good enough.

Old Post 12-14-12 02:06 #
cloud6625 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

For Skulltag/Zandronum most of the coding will be done in DECORATE, a scripting language that's fairly easy to work with once you've grasped the basics.

I'd suggest you start by downloading similar weapons from the Armory at Realm667 (disable Javascript in your browser before visiting, the site was hacked recently and is currently undergoing repairs) and inspect them in a wad editor to see how other weapons modders do things. It'll also give you an indication of how large to make the sprites.

Old Post 12-14-12 03:42 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
wesleyjohnson
Forum Regular

Do a internet search for "Doom DEH BEX Editing Features".
This will get you some basic documents that describe some of the basics.
You can follow links from those hits.

Old Post 12-15-12 00:52 #
wesleyjohnson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DaniJ
Forum Staple

Note that DECORATE is not a scripting language - it is a definition system, no more, no less.

Old Post 12-15-12 01:41 #
DaniJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cloud6625

ok thanks guys I'm working with it now and it seems like a great way to make the mod. I will probobly be posting a lot with questions cuz I'm a noob

Old Post 12-15-12 02:34 #
cloud6625 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote