Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > BEX: lost souls exploding on contact - SOLVED

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scypek2

How can I make lost soul explode while attacking you via BEX? I need it to be a lost soul - flying, chasing you and spit out by Pain Elemental. The charge is not absolutely neccesary.
Edit: now it works, you can expect something this year!

Last edited by Scypek2 on 12-16-12 at 18:25

Old Post 12-14-12 21:38 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
wesleyjohnson

I wrote the BEX code for DoomLegacy, but don't know of
any strange usage of BEX that would accomplish that.

Some thoughts:

I do not know of a way to detect contact, and do not remember any BEX monster function that detects that. The code detects contact as hits and applies appropriate damage.

Missiles detect hitting and can explode.
You would have to define your lost soul as a slow missile.

You could change the melee attack to an explode.
If the port has Heretic support then you could use the object effect for exploding pods, otherwise it would have to copy an exploding barrel
(A_Explode).
It would not be on contact, only when close enough for melee attack.

MBF compatible ports have a TOUCHY flag (for mines), and A_Detonate which allows more control. Check for BEX documents for how it is supposed to work. Forum Reports vary.

Last edited by wesleyjohnson on 12-15-12 at 00:47

Old Post 12-15-12 00:23 #
wesleyjohnson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scypek2

I changed melee state to exploding barrel state and it works pretty good. Thanks.

Old Post 12-16-12 18:17 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote