Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > DECORATE shizzles

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Krispy

This damn shark won't make dying sounds or "swishing" sounds when it misses. What's up with that? Also, I could have sworn that there was a flag that didn't allow it to rise above a 3d sector, or just 10 pixels above the sector or something like that, but I can't find it.

link removed

Last edited by Krispy on 12-22-12 at 03:46

Old Post 12-20-12 23:15 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

To play the death sound you need to call A_Scream somewhere.

And what do you mean by 'swishing' sound.

You also may want to remove the 2 last 'AA' states in the A_Chase sequence. As it is defined it is 4 tics on 'A' but only 2 tics on B,C or D.

Old Post 12-20-12 23:58 #
Graf Zahl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Graf Zahl said:
To play the death sound you need to call A_Scream somewhere.

I did.

Graf Zahl said:

And what do you mean by 'swishing' sound.

I mean if the shark misses, instead of playing the "chomp" sound, it plays a bubbly watery "swish" sound. Which I defined and called for.

Graf Zahl said:

You also may want to remove the 2 last 'AA' states in the A_Chase sequence. As it is defined it is 4 tics on 'A' but only 2 tics on B,C or D.

Agreed.

Old Post 12-21-12 00:24 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cacowad

Krispy said:

I did.

you didn't.

your code:
code:
Death: SHRK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile("Gibs1",random(20,40),0,random(0,360),2,random(-100,100)) stop

the actual code may be:
code:
Death: SHRK A 0 A_Scream SHRK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile("Gibs1",random(20,40),0,random(0,360),2,random(-100,100)) stop

Krispy said:

I mean if the shark misses, instead of playing the "chomp" sound, it plays a bubbly watery "swish" sound. Which I defined and called for.

oh, well, your code is:
code:
SHRK F 8 A_CustomMeleeAttack (random (1, 5) *5, "Chomp")

you have to add another one segment:
code:
SHRK F 8 A_CustomMeleeAttack (random (1, 5) *5, "Chomp", "missingmisssoundhere")

Old Post 12-21-12 08:54 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

OK. Figured it out. It was saving my newer versions somewhere I didn't intend. Should be about perfect now. Anyone want to playtest it?

http://www.mediafire.com/?55ia5rp9882o3o7

Preview
http://spritedatabase.net/files/pc/763/Sprite/Duke3D-SharkSheet.png

Last edited by Krispy on 12-22-12 at 03:50

Old Post 12-22-12 01:47 #