Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Need help dealing with Doom limits with my map

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dobu gabu maru

So my map is failing to nodebuild (ZenNode Normal) and I'm curious about what to do about it: is there a work around or do I have to start deleting a bunch of linedefs? I checked this thread since Major had the same issues as me, but I haven't reached the upper segs limit (65536) and am just wondering what the next step to take is. It's a Boom compatable map FYI, here is a picture of the details. And I'm not just looking for something to fix my node problems (like using ZDBSP to save), I want to make sure PrBoom -complevel 9 can run it as well.

Finally, if anyone wants to peak around themselves, I've uploaded it here. I'm not really computer savvy, but I appreciate any assistance you guys will provide.

Old Post 12-24-12 04:37 #
dobu gabu maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

I don't think ZenNode supports the doubled segs limit (that is, 32768 or more). You'll have to use ZDBSP or another nodebuilder that does.

Old Post 12-24-12 04:41 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dobu gabu maru

ZenNode actually worked up to about 29000 linedefs and then quit out on me. I tried saving in ZDBSP but it failed to build nodes too, so I lowered some of the surface area of the place in the middle and it was able to save. Is there a limit to the size of maps on doom? For instance I know if I delete the sigil and squish the areas together I'd be able to continue mapping...

Old Post 12-25-12 22:48 #
dobu gabu maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote