Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Doom Ending screen edit.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

I'm making a doom mod, and was wondering how I could edit the ending?
I cant seem to find the proper files in the WAD so, do I edit the executable, if so, how do I go about doing that, and if it's in the wad, what is the filename?

I have no idea if this is a stupid question or not, seeing as this is my first WAD that I'm making a good 30-something levels for, with custom textures, and all that fun shit. Also I'm just beggining to learn ACS so... yeah. Not much else to say.

Old Post 12-30-12 21:01 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ReX

dachauncinator said:
...and was wondering how I could edit the ending?
What do you mean by "ending"? Are you referring to the text at the end of the game (i.e., "DooM, a hellish 3D game by id Software ....)? This is the ENDOOM lump. Then there's the CREDIT lump, which gives the names of the creators of DooM. There are also the VICTORY and ENDPIC lumps. And so on ...

...do I edit the executable?

Not unless you want to make your mod vanilla DooM compatible, in which case you can do it using DeHacked or a similar utility.

Last edited by ReX on 12-30-12 at 23:46

Old Post 12-30-12 23:39 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

If you mean the monster cast call, that's hardcoded into the executable but ZDoom and its relatives support customization through the MAPINFO lump. If it's the text screen (ENDOOM lump) you want to change, you'll need XWE (if it'll run on your PC) or a DOS utility called ENDOOMER.

Old Post 12-30-12 23:58 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez

There was a ZDoom thread on that subject some times ago and this Wolfenstein tool was recommended. (Yeah, there are ASCII screens in Wolfenstein, as well as in pretty much all DOS games. Even Quake has them.)

Old Post 12-31-12 00:15 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

I mean the text crawl that describes what happens after you kill the final boss. Right before the enemy lineup.

Old Post 12-31-12 00:15 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez

Ah, that. You can change that with DeHackEd. It's also possible to modify it with MAPINFO in ports with such a feature, or with LANGUAGE in ZDoom.

Old Post 12-31-12 00:19 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote