Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > factions

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cacowad

my goal is to create a set of monsters that will attack both the player and other monsters that don't belong in theyr set.

an example: a turret that will shot either a zombie or the player, depending on who is nearer to the turret.

this is fundamental for a project of mine (a couple actually), where you can choose 1 of 3 factions or just join none of them, but i can't figure out how to code it in decorate.

i tryed several methods that unfortunatly works only if there are 2 factions, not 3 or 4 as i want it to be.

any suggestions?

Old Post 12-31-12 13:20 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kalinus

I would like to know this as well did you ever figure it out if not someone needs to answer it!!!

Old Post 09-21-13 01:50 #
kalinus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

OP was almost a year ago but I would use acs on a doom in hexen format map. Give all monsters and player a TID so you can get their locations every tick to calculate who's closest to the turret, and check if its the desired species. Then probably thing_face (or whatever function) and just spawn a projectile to shoot from the turret.

Old Post 09-21-13 09:49 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kalinus

Well its great to see questions answered I know it was from a year ago but I was hoping for an answer too. I'm pretty new at doom modding. Got most things in doombuilder figured out starting with wad editing now with slade.

Scripting is a must for me but at the moment I know next to nothing about it.

Thanks!

Old Post 09-21-13 10:40 #
kalinus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote