Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > [Resolved] Custom Switch, ZDoom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Phendrena

Hi,

I would like to add a switch into a WAD I am working on. The switch has the following textures: TGREYSW1 & TGREYSW2

I have looked at the ANIMDEFS entry on the ZDoom Wiki but still can't get the switch to toggle or play a sound. I would just like the switch to use the default switch sound rather than a new sound.

Using the example from the wiki (Link) I have changed to the following:
code:
SWITCH TGREYSW1 on sound dsswtchn pic TGREYSW2 tics 0 SWITCH TGREYSW2 off sound dsswtchn pic TGREYSW1 tics 0

This fails to work - it doesn't toggle or play the default sound.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Dave

Last edited by Phendrena on 02-17-13 at 18:07

Old Post 01-07-13 02:30 #
Phendrena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

If you want to use the default switch sound, you can simply omit the sound entirely. Also, do not define the same switch twice. This code is enough:

code:
switch TGREYSW1 on pic TGREYSW2 tics 0

To explicitly tell it to use the default switch sound, you need to use the default switch sound's logical name, which is "switches/normbutn". However, since it's the default sound, there is no need to explicitly tell it to use the default, is there?

If you want to see examples, look at the animdefs file in zdoom.pk3.

Old Post 01-07-13 10:07 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phendrena

Thanks Gez that worked nicely.
Apologies for not replying sooner - a friend bought me a copy of Skyrim so I've been obsessed by it!!

Dave

Old Post 02-17-13 18:08 #
Phendrena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote