Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > ACS Help

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Godsdoomer
Green Marine

Hello all,

I am currently making a mod that I have put ACS into. I have used the HUDMESSAGE command to display the title of the map upon start up of the level.

My question is, how would I get the HUDMESSAGE command to be executed in certain instances? (Like when the player walks over a flagged linedef, the text is executed then and ONLY then.) (The flag is #80 - Execute Script, 6 is the ID number of my script)

Currently this is what I have:

HudMessage(s:"blahblahblah";
HUDMSG_LOG | HUDMSG_FADEOUT, 6, CR_PURPLE, 1.5, 0.8, 5.0, 0.05, 2.0);
}

I can get the text to appear when the player walks over the flagged linedef, however, this message also appears upon start up of the level.

How do I make it so that the message only appears when the player walks over the flagged linedef?

Old Post 01-12-13 23:50 #
Godsdoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

My guess is you have:
script 1 open
or
script 1 enter
that makes them start automatically when opening the map or when a player enters:
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Script_types

try
script 1 (void)
and it won't run automatically until something executes it

(going from memory so might be wrong)

Old Post 01-13-13 00:00 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Godsdoomer
Green Marine

Thank you very much mork, that works perfectly. I wasn't aware that there was any other way to open a script besides OPEN or ENTER.

Old Post 01-13-13 00:05 #
Godsdoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

There's quite a few, in fact. It's probably best to just stick to closed scripts until you're more confident with ACS though.

Old Post 01-13-13 00:22 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote