Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Is it possible to convert Ogg Vorbis sounds to Doom format?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I've almost finished a Boom map I'm working on(with new enemies courtesy of DeHackEd), but I've hit a bit of a speedbump: some of the monster sounds are in Ogg Vorbis format, which means that PrBoom "converts" them to static. Is there a program I can use to change the properties of sounds?

Old Post 01-13-13 07:10 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ed

Goldwave demo or Audacity freeware - pretty much any reputable sound editing software should do it.

Old Post 01-13-13 08:43 #
Ed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Ed said:
Goldwave demo or Audacity freeware - pretty much any reputable sound editing software should do it.

Thanks. :) I'll give 'em a go.

Old Post 01-13-13 08:51 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

XMPlay will do the job nicely if you direct its output to a .Wav file instead of the speakers. You can also customize the output settings to reduce filesize at the expense of some loss of quality.

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/fb6b565c9483a05f2886f990398e41a95c941560de8af7546ac299c2eb3fa3774g.jpg
Try these.

Old Post 01-13-13 09:15 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bcwood16

Personally I have had used Audacity to convert many audio samples to games, including Doom (for Doomsday Engine anyway) and find it simple and easy to use.

I also like it because it hardly takes up much space, and is not intrusive. Im not really into audio software, so I just want to load it up, do what I need, close it and forget about it until another day.

Final point, there are lots of tutorials on the internet to do all sorts of stuff, if you are into that?

Anyways, good luck in what ever you use.

Old Post 01-14-13 16:35 #
bcwood16 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote