Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Probs with GLBsp

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ozymandias81
Warming Up

Hello doomers, I'm stuck with something weird: when I build nodes with glbsp (I can use DB2 and GZDB), walls acts crazy.
If I bump with one of they act like I had NOCLIP activated!
Sorry for my english, but is there somebody that can explain to me this WTF! ? Thanks!

Old Post 01-17-13 15:29 #
Ozymandias81 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
andrewj

That sounds like a blockmap problem.

Large maps, especially with many linedefs, can fail to produce a working BLOCKMAP lump since this lump has a limited size and the data overflows (even after blockmap compression).

glBSP can compress the blockmap, but if the size is too large then it reduces the size until it fits, which means linedefs outside the reduced area are not in the blockmap and you can pass through them.

Some source ports will build their own blockmap to avoid this problem. But if you are targetting Vanilla DOOM then the only thing you can do is make the map smaller and/or use less linedefs.

Old Post 01-17-13 23:09 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ozymandias81
Warming Up

Oh I can see now that's true. Thanks andrewj for the tip. By the way, I'm building 13 giant maps with DB2 + GZDB (latest svn...)

Old Post 01-22-13 09:04 #
Ozymandias81 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Ozymandias81 said:
giant maps
That's another potential problem, if parts of maps are more than 32768 map points apart.

Old Post 01-22-13 10:20 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ozymandias81
Warming Up

Well greyghost, because I've got probs with GLBsp I'm building my maps with ZDBsp for ages.

Thanx for your advice BTW.

Old Post 01-22-13 10:33 #