Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarcoLambda

Letters with backstory

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to make those letters and notes with a little backstory in GZDoom like the ones seen in Resident Evil series or the PDA in Doom 3. Thanks in advance

There are several ways to do such things, yes. One of the oldest mods to use this was RTC-3057. More recently, The City of the Damned: Apocalypse, Legacy of Suffering, and ZDCMP2, off the top of my head.

Yes Ive seen this implemented in the city of the damned. But I have no idea on how to do it. I'm making a wad and I want it to be with an in deep story. this will be useful

What do you mean by "letters with backstory"? Do you mean the text screen that appears after beating an episode of Doom which is this? If it's not that, then can you post an image to tell me what you mean?

NiTROACTiVE said:

What do you mean by "letters with backstory"? Do you mean the text screen that appears after beating an episode of Doom which is this? If it's not that, then can you post an image to tell me what you mean?

Those letters that you find ingame like the ones in Resident Evil 2 or City of the Damned

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RhTzRyywT2E/SCWT4OlqGkI/AAAAAAAAALg/nv5V6pfEU3c/s400/tcotd2_2.jpg