Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > can I make monsters knock back in ther pain

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bignekidbat
Warming Up

I'm just getting back to working on my zelda wad again but there's a problem
I'm stuck on making a monster get knocked back when hit

so is it possible to have monsters get knocked back while there pain is triggered

Old Post 01-30-13 03:24 #
bignekidbat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

bignekidbat said:
I'm just getting back to working on my zelda wad again but there's a problem
I'm stuck on making a monster get knocked back when hit

so is it possible to have monsters get knocked back while there pain is triggered

All you need to do is set the mass to an appropriate amount. Whether you're using DECORATE or DeHackEd, mass determines how light or heavy an enemy is: an enemy with a low mass will get pushed back by projectiles, while an enemy with a high mass won't. Setting the mass to 1 is always fun. :P I don't think it's possible to have the monster recoil only when it's pain state is triggered, but you could probably get around that by having a high pain chance. Hopefully I've helped you out. :)

Old Post 01-30-13 06:50 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

if using acs (zdoom doom in hexen) you can use:
http://zdoom.org/wiki/ThrustThing
You probably want to get the xy position of the player and the xy of the monster and thrust in that angle using cos and sin. You can probably put some sort of 'script execute' in the decorate pain state to trigger a script that does that.

But low mass is a lot simpler.

Old Post 01-30-13 18:15 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bignekidbat
Warming Up

sorry for the long reply

anyways I'll give it a shot

Old Post 03-04-13 03:20 #
bignekidbat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bignekidbat
Warming Up

well lowering the mass worked just fine
now I can have enemies get pushed while bosses don't
thanks guys

Old Post 03-04-13 03:31 #