Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Stacked 3d floors in Risen3d?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BJ Vynz

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a map for Risen3d and I'd like to make 3d floors right above each other, but I only know how to have 1 3d floor because that's all the tutorial shows...
Does anyone know how to have multiple 3d floors in the same spot?

And yes I know how to easily make this for Zdoom/GZdoom but I'm not trying to make a map for Zdoom/GZdoom ;)

Old Post 02-09-13 02:42 #
BJ Vynz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hawkwind
Forum Regular

This is quite doable. For an example look in your Risen3d\R3DGames\R3DTest\Gwads folder and examine R3Ddemo184_06.wad. Check out the lift with multiple floors near the start. The procedure is the same as just for one 3D floor.

Old Post 02-11-13 09:57 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BJ Vynz

Ah, I hadn't gone through all the demo levels. I'll try and see what I can find from there, thanks man :)

I've decided to have different versions of my map (or maps), so a Risen3D one, a Zdoom one (which should run on all its "offspring"), and I guess Doomsday one if the Zdoom specials don't work on it.

The Risen3D one is a must for me because I love the support for models and that they're always getting updated. Totally digging the new soldiers.

(Just a personal question though, is there a reason the chaingunner is white and slim? It just looks weird to me :P)

Old Post 02-11-13 20:25 #
BJ Vynz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hawkwind
Forum Regular

BJ Vynz said:
(Just a personal question though, is there a reason the chaingunner is white and slim? It just looks weird to me :P)

To me, seems to be a good and faithful representation of the original sprite. You are quite welcome to email Abbs your concerns.

Old Post 02-11-13 21:38 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BJ Vynz

Alright I got it working thanks to the demo. It's a really neat way of doing it, I'll be messing with this stuff now

hawkwind said:

To me, seems to be a good and faithful representation of the original sprite. You are quite welcome to email Abbs your concerns.

I think it's a good model, it's just I've been accustomed to seeing the chaingunner dark like the sprite ;)

But luckily the textures are editable so it allows for change. Also the def files really help customization, I love the ability for multiple skins on the soldiers :)

Old Post 02-12-13 03:57 #