Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Properties of an uncrushable thing

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
40oz
Forum Spammer

I'm working on a dehacked patch that makes crushed corpses make a SPLAT noise when flattened by a crusher or a door -- successfully I might add.

I made it so that the pool of blood and bones thing immediately changes state to another pool of blood thing, with the XScream codepointer so that it plays the DSSLOP sound. The tricky part is that apparently the other pools of blood can be crushed as well if they aren't static objects placed by the mapper. So when the door comes closing, the blood makes a repeating ooshy gooshy sound (the sound of the pool of blood quickly flipping back and forth between the original crushed corpse and the state it changes into) when it comes in contact with the door until the door comes to a stop when reaching the floor, and the blood starts making noise every time the door is operated.

It's kinda cool but it's not ideal. What properties can I add or remove from the pool of blood to make it unable to be crushed by a door? I tried changing it's height to 0 but I don't think it did anything (but I could double check to see if I even saved the dehacked patch after I did that.)

Old Post 02-15-13 03:14 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I'm not on my computer so I can't test this, but maybe you could make it NoClipping? It might be worth testing what decorations in Vanilla Doom are crushable as well.

Old Post 02-15-13 03:58 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

I just tried that. It still squishes, but it only plays the sound once when the door closes on it, and again when the door opens, but not repeatedly as the door is opening/closing like it was earlier. Close enough, I guess. Thanks :)

Old Post 02-15-13 07:00 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

40oz said:
I just tried that. It still squishes, but it only plays the sound once when the door closes on it, and again when the door opens, but not repeatedly as the door is opening/closing like it was earlier. Close enough, I guess. Thanks :)

Welcome. =D

Old Post 02-15-13 07:15 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
scifista42

According to what I've read in this and this article, the pool of gore needs to be nonsolid and with zero height and zero width. That's all I can tell you, because I can't use any DEHACKED.

Old Post 02-19-13 15:57 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

40oz said:

I made it so that the pool of blood and bones thing immediately changes state to another pool of blood thing, with the XScream codepointer so that it plays the DSSLOP sound. The tricky part is that apparently the other pools of blood can be crushed as well if they aren't static objects placed by the mapper. So when the door comes closing, the blood makes a repeating ooshy gooshy sound (the sound of the pool of blood quickly flipping back and forth between the original crushed corpse and the state it changes into) when it comes in contact with the door until the door comes to a stop when reaching the floor, and the blood starts making noise every time the door is operated.

I could tell you to make the resulting pool of blood (after crushing) spawn another thing with the same look that won't be crushed (because of not being a real corpse), while itself disappearing. But it will crash the game if the player gets crushed.

If you're mapping for Eternity you can use counters to limit the number of times it slops.

Last edited by printz on 02-19-13 at 20:03

Old Post 02-19-13 17:05 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote