Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > (solved) give 2 player1s (real & dummy) different tid

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

I want a normal player1 and a dummy player1 to have 2 TIDs so I can print how close they are on x/y axis.

I tried this from the zdoom wiki:

code:
Script 4 ENTER { Thing_ChangeTID(0, 1000 + PlayerNumber()); // This assigns the TID print(d: 1000 + playernumber()); delay(100); }

But now they both have the TID of 1000 because they both entered to trigger that. So I erased that script, and manually gave both player1s a tag under the action menu. That doesn't seem to give them tids though (thrustthingz didn't work on either of them).

Last edited by gggmork on 02-26-13 at 22:14

Old Post 02-26-13 09:56 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Hog
Forum Regular

Maybe have a Thing Enters Sector or similar in the voodoo doll's sector, which executes a different TID-assigning script?

Old Post 02-26-13 16:49 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

That worked. I put dummy player1 in a sector with wind to make him walk over a line that triggers script 2 which changes his tid (wind because I can't thrust him over the line since he has no tid to thrust at the beginning).
code:
#include "zcommon.acs" //this only happens once I think, despite there being 2 player1s script 1 enter { thing_changetid(0,1000); } //put dummy player1 on dummy sector //with wind to make him walk over line that acs_executes this script script 2 (void) { thing_changetid(0,1001); } //now they both have a tid and both jump script 3 open { delay(70); thrustthingz(1000,128,0,0); thrustthingz(1001,128,0,0); }

Old Post 02-26-13 18:30 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote