Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phendrena

[Resolved] Player Blocking [BOOM]

Hey all,

I normally map for ZDoom but I'm messing around in Boom.
Is there a way to block the player from passing but allow monsters to pass??

Thanks,

Dave

Memfis said:

rough idea
To make it more convincing, divide the teleporter line into a few (so that the imp doesn't always teleport to the center).

Thanks for the idea Memfis. I need to cover a massive, massive area so while this would work for smaller encounters it would be impracticable on the scale I have in mind. Oh well. I think i'll use damaging sectors to encourage the player to not venture beyond the outer boundary :)

Dave

You should be able to scale up the example Memfis posted as (I think) providing the origin and destination linedefs are the same length the teleporting player/monster will appear at the same point along the destination linedef as they crossed the origin linedef.

traversd said:

You should be able to scale up the example Memfis posted as (I think) providing the origin and destination linedefs are the same length the teleporting player/monster will appear at the same point along the destination linedef as they crossed the origin linedef.

Oh yeah, you could scale it up no problems but I'd need several hundred teleport points so it isn't practical for the map i am working on.

Dave