Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > ACS switch question.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
neubejiita
Forum Regular

Hello. I have a switch in a Zdoom UDMF map that triggers a Blue key specific script.

code:
script 2 (void) { if (CheckInventory("BlueSkull")) { Elevator_RaiseToNearest(17, 8); Floor_LowerToLowest(18, 8); // More code here } else Print(s:"You need the Blue skull key to enter."); }

But if I do not have the key, the switch will trigger and then I cannot trigger it again once I have the key. Is there a way to make this triggerable once only; but put in a condition where the Script_Execute() function will check for a key? This function must not be repeatable.

Old Post 04-01-13 06:26 #
neubejiita is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pablogener
Mini-Member

you could set up a global variable, and give it a value the first time you run through your function. if it's the second or forth-on time you're in for the function, you would exit it without doing anything. I would do sth like this:

int myFlag = 0

script 1 (void)
{
if (myFlag == 0)
{
myFlag = 1;
//loads of code here...
}

}

Old Post 04-01-13 06:42 #
pablogener is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

You should use ACS_LockedExecute for stuff like this. If you want a different message than the standard one you can define a new lock in LOCKDEFS for that purpose.

Then you won't have to check the key yourself in your script.

Old Post 04-01-13 07:43 #
Graf Zahl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Blue Shadow

neubejiita said:
Is there a way to make this triggerable once only; but put in a condition where the Script_Execute() function will check for a key? This function must not be repeatable.
There is, with ACS_ExecuteWithResult (see the paragraph above the second example in the page).

-----

Edit: I should've mentioned that this is just an alternate solution, and on second thought, I think it's easier to go with what Graf suggested above.

Last edited by Blue Shadow on 04-01-13 at 15:40

Old Post 04-01-13 14:23 #
Blue Shadow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote