Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > ACS: Assign a line to trigger a lift, scripted.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pablogener
Mini-Member

I have this lift that should work 'automatically' when the player gets on it, but not before something else is done. I want my player to try to get on the lift, nothing would happen, he would then have to go up to a computer terminal and press 'use' on it, go back to the lift, then the lift would work ok.
how can I get it done?

thanks for your time!!

Old Post 04-06-13 16:33 #
pablogener is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

This is how I would do it. Dunno if it works of not though.

script 1 (void)//for the lift
{
if(ActivatorTID == 1)
{
Plat_UpWaitDownStay (tag, speed, delay);
}
else
{
print(s:"No power!");
}
}

script 2 (void)//for the control panel

{
Thing_ChangeTID (0,1);
}

Old Post 04-06-13 19:25 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

make global variable (outside scripts) called liftActivated = 0; or whatever. Computer switch sets it to 1.
Walking on the lift does:
if liftactivated == 1: bla

Old Post 04-06-13 19:44 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

^Better

Old Post 04-06-13 19:54 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pablogener
Mini-Member

I did it gggmork's way, figure it out myself later. krispy's way seems better, though. It's actually working fine right now, so I wouldn't change it (don't fix it if it's not broken, right?), anyway, I didn't take into account that the player itself could be a carrier of a 'flag-acting' variable, with that TID value. it's a much useful resource, thanks for the tip.

Old Post 04-06-13 20:08 #
pablogener is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pablogener
Mini-Member

just in case you guys wanted to checkout the code I produced, here it is:

code:
script 11 (void) //for the lift { if (pReroutePower == 0) { light_flicker(35,255,80); print(s:"Lift offline. Reroute backup power to operate"); } else { floor_raisebyvalue(35,4,255); delay(140); exit_normal(0); } } script 12 (void) //for the panel { pReroutePower = 1; light_fade(36,255,70); print(s:"Backup power on. Service lift operation restored"); }

Old Post 04-06-13 20:10 #
gggmork

Now I bet you can run in and out of the lift really quick to make it go up without you and get stuck.

Old Post 04-06-13 21:17 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pablogener
Mini-Member

ya, just like with many id-original maps... and if you did that you'd be an ass.

Old Post 04-06-13 23:47 #
gggmork

I see the lift is supposed to exit anyway, but you can prevent that by making another global variable:
int liftPosition = "down";
then put another if/else, nested inside of your else above.

if liftPosition=="down": lift goes up, liftPosition="up"
else: lift goes down, liftPosition="down"

So you can keep pressing the lift up/down.

Old Post 04-07-13 00:08 #