Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > CC4 texture problems in XWE

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Some textures in Community Chest 4 like "COMPTIL2", "COMPTIL3", "COMPTIL4" etc. won't load in XWE, I can't add in those textures. How can I solve this problem?

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長
腸百折,愁千縷,萬般無奈把心傷 - 袁樂梅(「梅花三弄之」岳翎的角色)

我是中華民國的台灣人! I am Taiwanese of Republic of China(ROC)!!!

Old Post 04-21-13 11:52 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

These textures are made of many "patches" so you won't find them as separate graphics. But if you open the TEXTURE1 lump and look for them, they should be there. I don't know what's the best way to extract such textures, I just take a screenshot and then crop the texture in MSPaint but there is probably much better way, like maybe some magical Slade button again, but I'm a dinosaur so I'm not switching to that modern heresy.

Old Post 04-21-13 12:28 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
Some textures in Community Chest 4 like "COMPTIL2", "COMPTIL3", "COMPTIL4" etc. won't load in XWE, I can't add in those textures. How can I solve this problem?

By not using XWE.

Memfis said:
These textures are made of many "patches" so you won't find them as separate graphics. But if you open the TEXTURE1 lump and look for them, they should be there. I don't know what's the best way to extract such textures, I just take a screenshot and then crop the texture in MSPaint but there is probably much better way, like maybe some magical Slade button again, but I'm a dinosaur so I'm not switching to that modern heresy.

As a matter of fact, yes, there is a magical SLADE button. In the texture editor, select the texture in question, then use the Texture->Export to->File.

Old Post 04-21-13 14:15 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Anyway thanks, I do the MS paint.

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長

Old Post 04-21-13 17:07 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

http://ionline.vectec.net/images/headbang.gif

Old Post 04-21-13 18:43 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

Loading cc4-tex.wad into XWE

http://i.imgur.com/cFC0rzN.png

click on TEXTURES on the bottom to display the TEXTUREx lumps. In this case there is only TEXTURE1. Type in the texture name in the search bar and hit enter

http://i.imgur.com/nAcF1Z1.png

Unfortunately, there is no way to save this as an individual file. So the screenshot route is it.

However, Slade3 makes it a little bit easier.

Loading cc4-tex.wad into Slade3

http://i.imgur.com/y6yLr1d.png

in the Filter bar type in tex to display the TEXTURE1 lump.

http://i.imgur.com/BFNvEcf.png

Then click on Edit Textures, which will bring you to this

http://i.imgur.com/MuEyZGw.png

Now it gets a little bit cumbersome as there is no way to search for a texture name. But you know that, for example, COMPLIT2 starts with a C. So, press and hold the C button and the cursor will scroll through all textures, with emphasis on textures starting with C. The names will scroll by quite quickly, so stop every so often. But it will get there.

When COMPLIT2 is found, right click on the name and chose extract from the popup menu.

http://i.imgur.com/YUYoE0m.png

This will save the composite texture in png format.

Old Post 04-21-13 21:58 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

You could have saved time and webpage space by not posting that slideshow tutorial. Case in point: XWE damages TEXTURE sets by deleting a random texture every once in awhile.

Old Post 04-21-13 22:18 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

printz said:
You could have saved time and webpage space by not posting that slideshow tutorial.

This was done to help Daiyu_Xiaoxiang.

Since the pictures are linked to IMGUR, there is very little webpage space used up. If you are complaining about the images themselves, you must have realized by now that this forum does not use spoilers.

printz said:

Case in point: XWE damages TEXTURE sets by deleting a random texture every once in awhile.

Never had such a problem.

Old Post 04-21-13 22:30 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

uhhhh

http://thumb4.wuala.com/previewImage/kuchitsu/Doom_PIC/sladehuh.PNG

where's the magic? :(

Old Post 04-21-13 23:39 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Here:
http://svn.drdteam.org/slade/

Old Post 04-21-13 23:47 #
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Cool, thanks. But what happened to http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=news ? That's where Doomworld sent me.

Old Post 04-22-13 00:00 #
Technician
Still no custom title

Is there an advantage to using XWE over Slade at this point?

Old Post 04-22-13 00:33 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

I like being able to double-click on a wad and have it opened automatically for inspection.

Memfis said:
Cool, thanks. But what happened to http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=news ?
We're probably waiting for sirjuddington to declare one of the SVN builds stable enough to be the new official version.

Old Post 04-22-13 01:30 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

Technician said:Is there an advantage to using XWE over Slade at this point?

Just the single fact, that you can open several pwads at one time, and easily copy/paste between them, makes it worthwhile to use Slade3.

GreyGhost said:.... We're probably waiting for sirjuddington to declare one of the SVN builds stable enough to be the new official version.

I guess that depends mainly on the map editor part. While Slade3 as lump editor seems to have ironed out all bugs, the map editor still needs some work.

Old Post 04-22-13 02:56 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Dammit my download file change into a Prboom-plus file!!! When I click inside, it changes into the Doom 2 game. What can I do?

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長

Old Post 04-22-13 04:01 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Gez said:

As a matter of fact, yes, there is a magical SLADE button. In the texture editor, select the texture in question, then use the Texture->Export to->File.

I actually didn't know about this. But now I do. Oh yes.

Old Post 04-22-13 04:16 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I actually didn't know about this. But now I do. Oh yes.

Is this done in XWE or Slade3?

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長

Old Post 04-22-13 05:27 #
BloodyAcid

Technician said:
Is there an advantage to using XWE over Slade at this point?
Individual pixel deletion. I keep this in mind when I'm too lazy to manually remove 1 lone pixel error from 20+ images.

Old Post 04-22-13 05:40 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Is this done in XWE or Slade3?

Slade3. Grab an SVN build and (if necessary) the Visual C++ 2010 runtimes, then follow the mini tutorial Kappes Buur posted.

Old Post 04-22-13 06:09 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
Dammit my download file change into a Prboom-plus file!!! When I click inside, it changes into the Doom 2 game. What can I do?

Try "open with..."?

Old Post 04-22-13 12:28 #