Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Issues adapting a PK3 to Doom Builder (Not very experienced)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nerifes

Hi all,

I'm not very proficient with Doom Builder - what I've created in the past has always employed fog effects and a few really basic scripts at the absolute most - but now I want to try something different and am having some problems.

Basically, I'm trying to make Brutal Doom's resources available to me in Doom Builder by selecting it as a PK3 resource on start up. The problem is that I am prevented by an error which reads

Unable to load resources from location "C:\Games\Doom\Ultimate gzDoom\ADDON\BrutalDoom\brutalv018a.pk3". Please make sure the location is accessible and not in use by another program. The resources will now be loaded with this location excluded. You may reload the resources to try again.
IOException when creating data reader: Multiple files with the same filename in the same directory are not allowed. See: "SPRITES\PLAYER\PLMMAR\MAR6E1.png"

and so nothing can really be done.

Because of my serious lack of experience with modding, I really have no idea how to fix this. I've tried looking extensively throughout your forum and couldn't find a solution, and I imagine it's probably because I'm missing some important concept altogether. Is there something I need to prepare before adding resources like these to Doom Builder, or am I critically dumb? =P

Thank you for your help.

Old Post 04-24-13 22:31 #
Nerifes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

Nerifes said:.... Basically, I'm trying to make Brutal Doom's resources available to me in Doom Builder ....

As is, I do not believe that it is possible to use Brutal Doom as resource pwad for Doombuilder. I suspect that it is the convoluted directory structure which is to be blamed.

Just save your map. Close Doombuilder. Load your map and Brutal Doom into GZDoom to play.

If you want to use some of the items from Brutal Doom in your own map, then you will have to extract them individually with Slade3.

Old Post 04-26-13 08:51 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nerifes

Thank you for your response.

I will do as you say and just load the map and Brutal Doom into GZDoom.

I was wondering, though: is there a way (through scripting, maybe?) for Doom Builder to refer to Things specific to Brutal Doom without having to actually copy the content from the Brutal Doom PK3 into my wad file?

Old Post 04-26-13 19:00 #
Nerifes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

Nerifes said:..... I was wondering, though: is there a way (through scripting, maybe?)
for Doom Builder to refer to Things specific to Brutal Doom without having to actually
copy the content from the Brutal Doom PK3 into my wad file?

Not really.

The reason simply is this, the actors in Brutal Doom do not have a DoomEd number.
Therefore, there is nothing you can enter in Doombuilder which would refer to
an actor in Brutal Doom.

And, if you should give DoomEd numbers to actors in Brutal Doom, then they may clash
with pwads which happen to have an actor with the same DoomEd number. That may not be
very likely, but it could happen.

Old Post 04-26-13 22:54 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nerifes

Curses. :P

Meh, I'll work around it. In any case, I appreciate your responses! Thanks.

Old Post 04-26-13 23:54 #