Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > sidedef compression and Doom Builder

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Memfis
Forum Spammer

I do sidedef compression tricks (faster scrolling, multiple switch textures changing their appearance) by editing the LINEDEFS lump in XWE but Doom Builder tries to act smart and fucks up my tricks if I resave the map. Is there any workaround? The obvious solution is to do all this at the end of the work on the level but meh, you never know when a map is 100% done, plus I'd like to see everything work as intended while I'm testing the map...

Old Post 06-10-13 16:10 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kb1

I don't think the editors are "acting smart", rather they are just re-indexing and saving - a process that wipes out such tricks. The UDMF stuff could alleviate some of that, but, of course, you'd need a port that supports UDMF. Other tricks fall victim to this type of problem too, like REJECT lump editing.

Old Post 06-11-13 02:08 #
kb1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote