Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > I need help, trying to set player's health and armor in doom.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bananabread989

I have looked everywhere for this, so I'm finally posting something let's hopefully see someone responded.

Old Post 06-23-13 05:37 #
bananabread989 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

It would probably pay to be a little more specific. For example, which port are you using? If you're using ZDoom or another derivative, you could probably engineer an ACS script that alters armor and health levels or maybe create a custom player class. If you're mapping in Boom or vanilla you can make a DeHackEd patch that alters health and armor when the player starts the game. I'm aware that this may be a bit confusing at first, but feel free to ask about some of the trickier aspects: I mostly specialize in DeHackEd work myself. Also, it'd be a good idea to make threads like this in Doom Editing in the future. :-)

Old Post 06-23-13 06:34 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bananabread989

I use gzdoom, really I'm new to all of this I never programed anything before so I can use all the help I can get.

Old Post 06-23-13 18:21 #
bananabread989 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bananabread989

I have no clue what I'm doing so if you could help that would be so wonderful.

Old Post 06-23-13 19:06 #
Blue Shadow

I think we need more information on how you want to "set" them. Explain to us what you're trying to achieve here.

Old Post 06-23-13 21:22 #
Blue Shadow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bananabread989

Well there video on youtube, look at health it starts at 200, and his armor goes up really far to. but he can get to at like 500 or 900, I tell can't cause the font. if you can help do what he did on gzdoom that would be wonderful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkQBvTwFq0

Old Post 06-23-13 22:02 #
bananabread989

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to make to where I can gain more armor and health than what you can get in the vanilla game that's what I want to do, and I don't know anything about editing this game never tried it other than I mess around with a monster editor once.

Old Post 06-23-13 22:08 #
bananabread989

Also add me on steam, please so we can better conversion. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014163697/

Old Post 06-23-13 22:14 #
bananabread989

Why should I bother asking if none of you are going to help.

Old Post 06-24-13 00:15 #
Blue Shadow

There was no need to quadruple-post there. We don't live on the forums - just be patient!

Anyways, here is what you want to do:

Of course, since you haven't done this before, you need to learn first. And there is no better place to start learning from than the ZDoom Wiki - it's basically an online documentation of ZDoom and its features.

For the stuff above, you want to consult the DECORATE article to learn how to create "objects" like player classes, weapons, items, monsters, etc.

Last edited by Blue Shadow on 06-24-13 at 01:41

Old Post 06-24-13 01:22 #
Blue Shadow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote