Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > slade texture editing???

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chesse20
SPUF Legend

whats the easyist way to import textures into slade 2?
im new at this and i couldnt find a button to let me copy textures from paint into slade so i guess its more difficult that that?

Old Post 07-26-13 22:44 #
chesse20 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Import files

Old Post 07-26-13 22:45 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Drag and drop from file manager.

Old Post 07-26-13 23:48 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chesse20
SPUF Legend

ok i imported images that were pngs to replace the images i already had but its just showing an error ingame

im trying to replace all the textures of brusier demon with a picture of shrek for a new wad im making

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki1elfl0tfdrju5/shrek.zip

Old Post 07-27-13 00:01 #
chesse20 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Textures of a bruiser demon? Textures that go on a wall or sprites that look like monsters?

For sprites, make sure there are to SS_START and SS_END markers at the start/end of your images.

Old Post 07-27-13 00:44 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chesse20
SPUF Legend

BloodyAcid said:
Textures of a bruiser demon? Textures that go on a wall or sprites that look like monsters?

For sprites, make sure there are to SS_START and SS_END markers at the start/end of your images.

the ss_start and ss_end are there
the consle tells me there is an error
"invalid data encountred with insert sprite here" for all sprites of shrek

Old Post 07-27-13 00:48 #
BloodyAcid

Could you please post your wad?

edit: i cant read to save my life

Other errors might be not having 4 letter sprite names, bad decorate calls, or just about anything else.

Last edited by BloodyAcid on 07-27-13 at 02:37

Old Post 07-27-13 02:17 #
chesse20
SPUF Legend

BloodyAcid said:
Could you please post your wad?

Other errors might be not having 4 letter sprite names, bad decorate calls, or just about anything else.

that was what the download link was for

Old Post 07-27-13 02:18 #
BloodyAcid

Oops. Anyways:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Image_format

I don't think ZDoom supports GIF formats

Old Post 07-27-13 02:44 #
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Apart from the GIFs, leaving duplicate sprites and DECORATE scripts in a wad isn't a good idea.

Old Post 07-27-13 02:54 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chesse20
SPUF Legend

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...bad-d6fcctr.png

apart from shrek being stuck under the floor the enemy seams to work as expected

Old Post 07-27-13 03:22 #
GreyGhost

You need to change the frame offsets. If they're all the same image, offsets of 12 by 53 (about half the width and a few pixels less than the height) with the graphic type set to "sprite" should do the job.

Old Post 07-27-13 04:10 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chesse20
SPUF Legend

wow thanks you two
ill make sure to give credit to you when i release
shrek vs doomguy to the idgames archive

Old Post 07-27-13 04:20 #
GreyGhost

I hope you're planning to add some animation to that sprite, since what you have at the moment is bordering on Terryble. The sprite sheet you're borrowing from doesn't help either, they look like they've been ripped from a side-scrolling platformer.

Old Post 07-27-13 08:04 #
chesse20
SPUF Legend

GreyGhost said:
I hope you're planning to add some animation to that sprite, since what you have at the moment is bordering on Terryble. The sprite sheet you're borrowing from doesn't help either, they look like they've been ripped from a side-scrolling platformer.

i added an attack animation and a death animation

Old Post 07-27-13 22:42 #
GreyGhost

That's a start. Make sure it gets some playtesting and feedback before uploading to the archive.

Old Post 07-28-13 16:10 #
chesse20
SPUF Legend

GreyGhost said:
That's a start. Make sure it gets some playtesting and feedback before uploading to the archive.

too late i already uploaded it and map01 doesnt even have a working exit

Old Post 07-28-13 21:38 #
BloodyAcid

seems to be a recurring notion for your works

upload before testing, huh

Old Post 07-28-13 21:42 #