Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Question on How to Create Raising and Lowering Sectors

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Job
Forum Legend

I'm working on a map in Doom Builder 2 (UDMF format) where I'd like to have something similar to a pump. To help do that, I need a sector that will continually raise and lower, but I'm unsure which sector effect/scripting I'd need to accomplish that. Could someone please tell me what's the best way to do that?

Old Post 08-03-13 21:38 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I think "Floor Waggle" might be the effect you're looking for, but then again I don't make ZDoom maps that much. You could probably make a script that has a similar efect as well.

Old Post 08-04-13 02:13 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Haven't tried them myself, but Linedef actions 60 (Platform Perpetual Raise) and 197 (Ceiling Crush and Raise Silent A) both look promising.

Old Post 08-05-13 02:44 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

You could attach some dummy sectors to the pump sector, one with a higher floor or ceiling, the other with a lower floor or ceiling. Then do a script that raises to the highest floor or ceiling, then delay however many tics it takes for the sector to finish moving, then lower to the lowest floor or ceiling, then delay again, then repeat.

Old Post 08-05-13 03:05 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Great suggestions, everyone, thanks! I'll give 'em a try.

Old Post 08-05-13 03:13 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote