Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Annotated BOOMEDIT.WAD

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Hey,

I did this several months back, but it didn't get much attention and I figure it may be helpful for people making Boom-compatible maps, especially if you're new to it.

Boom originally came with a demo map called BOOMEDIT.WAD, which demos most of the features of the port: different linedef and sector types, etc. I put together a video showing the map:

The video is hyperlinked through Youtube annotations to a copy of BOOMREF.TXT, Boom's reference documentation file that explains how to use Boom's features in new maps. So you can skip through the video and, if you see something that looks neat, click through to find out how to use it in your own map.

Hopefully this is of help to somebody!

Old Post 09-28-13 14:39 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ribbiks

ya ya, thanks for the resource! I recall looking through that vid a couple times since it was first posted.

Old Post 09-28-13 19:04 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

That's a pretty cool setup with the links in the video. I always forget how much Boom is capable of.

Old Post 09-29-13 00:14 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ledillman
out of the blue

Pretty cool actually, i always loved Boom, cool video.

Old Post 09-29-13 01:02 #
Ledillman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote